A Quick Recipe with an Update
Day 17. Update
#EarlyToRise and #my500Word Challenge
These have been interesting 2 weeks! Generally making it a point to wake up earlier to write only brings good things.
I am more organized, more energized and feel far more productive. More than that, I feel like I am starting to take my writing to a new level and giving it also more attention, which in return gives me plenty of good feelings.
With that said, I have started to slack on the posting. There were a few days, particularly the weekend of heavy training, that I had to make the choice between Task A or Task B. But it wasn’t going to be both.
Am I bummed out that my momentum of the previous two weeks as weaned? Of course I am!
But there is no magic in sprinting the first mile of a marathon and then coming to a screeching halt. Let’s figure out the average pace and hold that. So in my case, it may be 3 polished posts/week! We shall see!
I also had to take a few mornings off the earlier rising challenge as I simply needed sleep to recover.
So the lesson here is obviously to not feel like a failure if you had to make the call to skip a few days. Don’t judge, just get back into the rhythm when time permits.
As for my 500 words? So far so good, I have been writing every day for a minimum of 500 words, even if they are not published right away.
Here a very simply and quick recipe for those evenings you want a hand’s off meal!
- seasonal vegetables
- rosemary twigs
- olive oil
- sliced almonds
- red chili flakes
- maple syrup
- pine nuts/feta optional
Vegetables (what you have in the fridge)
- red onion
- red bell pepper
- olive oil heated (not smoking) and two rosemary twigs. Infuse the oil to give it a slight hint.
- toss in the vegetables. The tougher ones first, the softer ones last.
- Stir it at medium heat.
- Add pine nuts for the crunch factor
- For seasoning.
- Red chili flakes and salt/pepper.
- If you would like a bit more flavor, put in some cubes of feta cheese! YUMMY!
Salmon -those healthy anti-inflammatory Omega 3s! Get ‘em!
- Oven at 350F uncovered.
- Brush your salmon with olive oil and maple syrup mixed with Chilli flakes and salt.
- Cover it with sliced almonds!
- Place in oven. Voila! Done!now just make sure your almonds don’t burn. Otherwise 20-30min depending on thickness.